EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS ELIGIBLE FOR SUPPORT
- Projects that facilitate engagement with the community, as taught and demonstrated by Christ in the gospels
- Support of street preaching and other mission field activities
- Domestic and international missions work
- Support for religious, medical or humanitarian missions travel through Mission Flight (for travel originating in US)
- Prison ministry activities
- Elder care ministry activities
- Faith-based family crisis resources and counseling
- Adoption and crisis pregnancy support projects
- Prophetic ministry training (short term projects)
- Training for pastoral leaders of very small churches
- Ministry development and church planting activities not related to church construction or other capital projects
- Worship arts and worship restoration projects
- Training projects for creative and technical writing
- Skills development training
- Intercessory prayer projects
- Projects providing practical help, comfort, visitation, support and healing for the sick
- Activities that teach dynamic, biblical business and organizational principles
- Entrepreneurship training in communities
- Business incubator projects that serve funds-disadvantaged communities
- Anti-violence initiatives
- Training in biblical healing (physical, emotional, spiritual)
- Materials and field support for evangelism
- Student-led prayer initiatives
- Community youth engagement projects
- Community activism and leadership training based on biblical principles
- Care for the homeless and the needy
- Projects to combat child hunger
- Child abuse intervention and preventive training
- Domestic and family abuse intervention and counseling
- Advocating for faith-based principles and causes in our communities (we do not fund political advocacy)
- Workforce preparedness and training
- Justice issues for the disadvantaged
- Short term training for ministry workers
THE RESOURCES WE OFFER
We offer grants, information resources and make connections where possible.
Micro GrantsGrants are awarded at the sole discretion of The Lydia Tree. Applications
for grants will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Successful
applicants will receive notification in writing of the decision and
amount of any award.Applicants should be prepared to provide any needed information in support of their applications, and to provide a follow-up report to The Lydia Tree about the outcomes of the project for which the grant was made.
Our micro grant assistance is limited to $1000. We may make matching grants. We encourage applicants to raise funds from various sources, but a dollar-for-dollar match is not always required. The number of grants we make will be limited by the nature of the projects supported, and by the funds available.
In the future and as contributions increase, the organization contemplates making other grants to support projects that meet its mission and objectives. For such grants, the process will include obtaining specific information about the recipient’s organizational structure, financial status and details about the purpose and use of the grant.
We do not support capital projects for construction, or real estate purchases.
The Lydia Tree will also serve developing ministries in these ways:
- Resource Seminars that prepare your ministry for outside funding, grant-seeking and grant-writing
- Surveys - learn about ministry projects that are similar to yours in purpose and scope
- Research assistance -to project leaders planning for ministry development (limited to a specific ministry project and scope)
- Networking support to connect you with like-minded individuals
Please note we are still building these resources and will gradually increase our capacity to respond to as many requests as possible.
Copyright 2021, all rights reserved.
The Lydia Tree is a service mark of the Lydia Tree, Inc.